Whether you are moving to Sofia for a short or a long term, sorting out your accommodation may be stressful if you have to do it all by yourself. You must consider the purpose of your stay, the price range for rent and utilities you can afford, the location, and what not. Here’s a short guide that may help you find the right accommodation easily:
That’s always the first thing that comes to anyone’s mind when planning a trip abroad for a short period of time.
- It requires a minimum effort to pick a hotel, make a reservation, arrive and enjoy free breakfast and spa.
- And then leave without having to do any housekeeping job whatsoever.
- You can take advantage of the attractions that the hotel can help you and even make discounts, like hiking, fishing, go on a guide tour to check the town and surroundings and renting from atv tours arizona and make your own adventure.
Hotels are suitable for short-term stays and if you plan to live in Sofia for several weeks or months , they are not an option:
- The price for long-term stay at a hotel will be way too high.
- The sterile atmosphere in the hotel will not make you feel at home, but rather it will make you feel like a tourist isolated from the local city life.
- You will not have amenities such as a kitchen, a living room, etc.
- You cannot invite friends over.
- Hotels can give you information on the tourist sightseeings, but could hardly help you out in case you wish to explore the local way of life properly.
Hostels are a great option for both long and short stays. The hostel inhabitants are usually friendly, open-minded and you get to feel like as part of a huge and international family.
- They are cheap.
- You can meet people from all over the world and make friends quite fast.
- You may have amenities such as a kitchen, bar, backyard, etc.
Depending on the purpose of your travel and your preferences, hostels may have their disadvantages as well:
- You hardly get any privacy.
- You may not be able to blend in with the locals as you will be a bit isolated from them.
- You cannot have friends over from outside the hostel either.
Renting a serviced apartment is usually the most preferred option by foreigners living in Sofia for up to several months because the agency will take care of almost everything prior to their arrival. It’s like having a friend who will take you from the airport, drive you to your accommodation and be at your disposal whenever you need help. Serviced apartments are also convenient because:
- They are cheaper than hotels.
- They have everything a normal apartment has – kitchen, living room, bathroom, balcony.
- You will be able to experience the local way of life as you will get a homey feeling and will easily blend in with the locals.
- You will have your privacy.
- You get to invite your friends over.
- These apartments are serviced, meaning you don’t get to do any housekeeping work. The agency you are renting the serviced apartment from, has the responsibility to clean it as often as you prefer and maintain facilities that break, for instance.
- The agency can provide you with a welcome pack waiting for you in the apartment upon your arrival – the pack includes items you have ordered beforehand such as cosmetics, food, etc.
- The agency may also pick you up from the airport.
- It’s more convenient than renting a regular apartment because you don’t have to commit to a one-year contract and thus – you don’t have to deal with local real estate brokers and waste time looking for an apartment.
The only disadvantage that some foreigners may find is the price. It’s still more expensive than renting via Airbnb.com, a regular apartment with a contract or a hostel. It is not suitable for stays longer than several months either. However, if you plan staying here for more than a couple of months, then you can always move out of the serviced apartment and find a regular one with a contract.
AirBnb.com is by no doubt gaining popularity all over the world. It’s become quite popular here in Sofia as well.
- You get to choose a nice room or an apartment in a variety of locations and in accordance with your needs.
- The prices may appear a bit cheaper than the serviced apartments.
- Airbnb hosts are usually friendly, welcoming and ready to help you settle and feel at home. You can sometimes rely on them to take you out and show you around as well.
- You get your privacy.
- You get to invite friends over as well.
Although Airbnb may sound like a great solution, it may not be quite suitable for longer stays. It will all depend on the accommodation you have chosen.
In the next article, we will tell you which locations in Sofia are most appealing for foreigners and why.
Travelling is a joy for the body and soul so consider those 8 healthy tips by Positive Health Wellness why one should travel more often to enjoy the benefits of the long or short trips around the world.
Wondering where to work from when in Sofia? Please, visit http://www.nataliyanedkova.com/where-to-work-from-when-in-sofia/